Switchplate covers are a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your home. Whether you own and are looking for the finishing touches to your home, or you are a renter that wants to bring a little of your own personality into your home, switchplate covers are the easiest way to do this. eliquidsoutlet
There are two different ways in which a handcrafted switchplate can be made. The first is by using the age old art of decoupage. This is the most common handcrafted type of switchplate cover which will be discussed further in this article. The second is dye sublimation by which the image is actually permanently embedded into the switchplate. Dye Sublimation creates a more commercial-like product. singsanam
Decoupage is the most widely used way of creating handcrafted switchplates. Decoupage has been traced back as far as the 12th century where it was found in Chinese peasant art. The craft then became known as decoupage in France (from the word decouper, to cut out), when it attained great popularity during the 17th and 18th centuries. Decoupage is the art of decorating an object by gluing a design onto a medium and finishing it for permanence and durability.
In shopping for switchplate covers, you will find several different methods of “finishing” this product.
- Lacquer. Lacquer has a few undesirable properties, It has a nasty tendency to crack, craze, or “check” if exposed to low temperatures. It will also crack if applied too thick. Over time, since a light switchplate is touched thousands of times by many different people, the lacquer finish may develop a permanent tackiness or stickiness.
- Polymer Coating. This finish cures by a chemical reaction in which the liquid finish hardens to a solid material which will last for many years. vigorousism
- Acrylic Coating. Easy to clean, will last a long time if not directly exposed to sunlight. Drawback, scratches easily.
- Polyurethane. Provides a clear coating, but yellows with age.
- Laminate. Laminate is the newest form of finishing. The design is “sandwiched” between layers of plastic and sealed with heat and pressure. Laminated switchplates are easy to clean and last for many years. ITC Dealership
When shopping for switchplates, it is difficult to determine which is the best The actual workmanship is the most important thing to look for. The honesty and integrity of the “seller” plays a big part in this. Are they doing this as a hobby? Or is this their business. There are plus and minuses on each side. If they are selling as a hobby, will you be able to coordinate your room months down the line? Do they have the quantity available that you are looking for. Will they be around for the next room that you are looking to redo? kratom tablets
I’ve been to many boutiques that carry handcrafted switchplate covers, but I have never found a store that specializes in them. In order to find this specialty, you must turn to the internet and as with any internet purchase, you need to be careful and check things out. Vaishno Devi Helicopter Booking